2008-06-16

East Kirkby

Yesterday was Father's Day and, as a little treat for me, I got taken out to somewhere while I could be let loose with my cameras: the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre at East Kirkby, Lincolnshire.

As luck would have it there was also a model aircraft flying display on too so there was more to photograph than just the centre itself (which, if you're in travelling distance, is worth a visit alone — especially if it's a weekend when Just Jane is doing one of her taxi runs.

The weather was a bit mixed, with plenty of stormy-looking clouds hanging around, but that's often a good thing as it means the sky looks far more interesting than if it had been clear blue.

It was a great day out and you can see the final album of photographs over here.

And, to top it all off, I also got a copy of Martin Parr's Think of England as well as a book about Martin Parr (which includes a wide selection of his work). I also got a copy of A Pig With Six Legs from The Cloud Appreciation Society. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment