2008-07-07

RAF Waddington 2008

Last weekend was the 2008 RAF Waddington air show and, as we've always done ever since we moved to Lincolnshire, we went along on the Saturday.

The forecast was awful. Mostly rain but with the chance of it clearing up a little in the afternoon. This would normally be disappointing anyway but it was worse given that this show was going to be the return to the skies of the privately rebuilt Avro Vulcan XH558.

As forecast, the morning was wet and horrible and hardly anything was flying (although the Red Arrows managed to put on a small display despite the fact that the cloud was very low). Thankfully the forecast chance of better weather in the afternoon did happen and we ended up with a nice sunny day.

Given that I had the PowerShot G9 with me as well as the EOS 400D I decided to try recording some videos too:

A joint display by a Typhoon and a Spitfire:



XH558 takes to the sky:


A joint flypast of XH558 and the BBMF's Lancaster:


XH558 lands:


It wasn't all videos though. I shot plenty of photographs too. For those see my Waddington 2008 album on my main photography site.

1 comment:

  1. Great Videos Dave Just makes me regret not going even more :(

    ReplyDelete