2010-02-01

White Horses by Juliet R. Harrison

It started with this tweet from @ShutterBetty. You see that stuff all the time on twitter, of course. "Follow this", "retweet that", "use this hash tag" and... get some thing for free. Possibly. But probably not really.

But I took a look at the account in question, saw it was an account for a photographer, liked what I saw, and decided to follow anyway. And before I did I could see she had 1,000 followers. After I did the follow it went up to 1,001. I did find myself wondering "will this work then? what if someone else now unfollows? what if I look like I'm only #1,000, etc..."

I needn't have worried.

And, sure enough, less than two weeks later, this landed on my doormat:



So, I just wanted to say a big thank you to @lecheval. It was a very sweet thing to do, and I really am loving the book. I'm not really one for doing reviews, I generally don't have the words to describe books and people's art in that way, but this is currently in the pile of photography books that I look at on a regular basis.

If you'd like to have a look for yourself go visit the preview over on Blurb. If you really like what you see you can order a copy from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment